The most prominent and influential authors in the technology industry will be featured at the 2014 International CES® as part of a new CES attraction entitled Gary’s Book Club. Owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the 2014 CES, the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies, will run Tuesday, January 7-Friday, January 10, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Gary’s Book Club will showcase the latest works of prominent authors in the industry, who are exploring technology’s role in today’s society. Participating authors will hold book signings at the Experience CEA Stage in the LVCC Grand Lobby. The featured books will be available for purchase at the Book Club and through Barnes & Noble throughout the duration of the 2014 CES.
“CES has long been a beacon of innovation and a gathering place for the top global visionaries in technology,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO of CEA and best-selling author of Ninja Innovation: The Ten Killer Strategies of the World’s Most Successful Businesses and The Comeback: How Innovation will Restore the American Dream. “We are thrilled to welcome these incredible authors to the CES stage. Their works shine a light on the positive impact our industry plays in everyday life and the influence technology has on the global economy.”
Featured authors include:
- Gary Beach, The U.S. Technology Skills Gap: What Every Technology Executive Must Know to Save America's Future
- Nolan Bushnell, Finding the Next Steve Jobs: How to Find, Hire, Keep, and Nurture Talent
- John Dearie and Courtney Geduldig, Where the Jobs Are: Entrepreneurship and the Soul of the American Economy
- Larry Downes and Paul Nunes, Big Bang Disruption: Strategy in the Age of Devastating Innovation
- Robert Scoble and Shel Israel, Age of Context: Mobile, Sensors, Data and the Future of Privacy
- Gary Shapiro, Ninja Innovation: The Ten Killer Strategies of the World's Most Successful Businesses
- Eric Taub, Does This Plug into That?: Simplify Your Electronic Life
- Randi Zuckerberg, Dot Complicated: Untangling Our Wired Lives
A complete schedule of authors featured as part of Gary’s Book Club at the 2014 CES can be found at CESweb.org and more detailed author information is available via Gary’s Book Club Press Kit.
The 2014 CES will feature more than 3,200 exhibitors unveiling the latest products and services across the entire ecosystem of consumer technology. For more information on the 2014 International CES, visit www.CESweb.org.