From connected glasses to health monitoring devices, FashionWare, a new lifestyle-focused exhibit at the 2014 International CES® produced in partnership with Living in Digital Times, will showcase the latest innovations in wearable technology that mix fashion and function. The 2014 CES, produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) ®, is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies, and will run from January 7-10, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“From jackets that adjust based on outside temperatures to solar-charging handbags and more, innovations in wearable technology are shaping the industry,” said Karen Chupka, senior vice president, International CES and corporate business strategy, CEA. “The FashionWare TechZone integrates style, function and technology to create a wow-factor, high-tech space at the 2014 CES.”
Leading FashionWare exhibitors at the 2014 CES include: Brother, CLO Virtual Fashion, Inc., FashionTEQ, and Velodyne. The TechZone will be located in the Venetian Ballroom. This high-tech area will also host an invitation-only runway show on Thursday, January 9, 2014, featuring innovative products that are both functional and fashionable.
Living in Digital Times will sponsor eight additional lifestyle-focused exhibit areas and events at the 2014 CES that include:
- Kids@Play: This TechZone features new technologies that facilitate learning for the next generation of consumers. Kids@Play explores the way being digital today creates a smarter world tomorrow. (The Venetian, Level 2, Venetian Ballroom)
- MommyTech: The “mommy” audience, a code name for families using a variety of high-tech mobile products, is the fastest, largest and most vocal group of technology adoptees. In this area, you’ll see how a new generation of products is making homes smarter and safer, creating better entertainment, fostering safer driving experiences and more. (The Venetian, Level 2, Venetian Ballroom)
- TransformingEDU: This is the TechZone where innovation meets education. Formerly HigherEdTECH, this area showcases how K-20 education is being reinvented through ground-breaking entrepreneurial innovation and corporate investment. (The Venetian, Level 2, Venetian Ballroom)
- Digital Health Summit: This TechZone is at the intersection of technology, health and wellness. Here, you'll see solutions for diagnosing, monitoring, and treating a variety of illnesses, from obesity to asthma, from poor vision or hearing to high blood pressure. (LVCC, South Hall 2)
- FitnessTech: This TechZone will focus exclusively on the newest innovations and tools for the sports enthusiast and spotlight key trends impacting the collective multi-billion dollar sports, fitness and outdoors markets. (LVCC, South Hall 2)
- Last Gadget Standing: This inventive, fast-paced competition challenges contenders to give the product demo of their lives. The CES audience will determine which product is “most likely to change the face of technology.” There is also an online vote to determine a separate online winner.
- Mobile Apps Showdown: This event showcases inventive new apps in front of a vocal CES audience. App producers will have four minutes to demo their app and an applause-o-meter measures audience enthusiasm to determine the winner. There is also an online vote to determine a separate online winner.
Gary Dell'Abate and Jon Hein from SiriusXM Radio's Howard Stern channels are slated to co-host the Last Gadget Standing and Mobile Apps Showdown events on Thursday, January 9, 2014 in the LVCC, North Hall, Room N255.
The 2014 CES will feature 20 market-specific TechZones highlighting innovation across 15 different product categories. Companies interested in exhibiting in the new FashionWare TechZone should contact Living in Digital Times at firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-564-7900.
CEA – www.CE.org
International CES – www.CESweb.org