NI Introduces Intel Core i7 Based PXI Express Quad-Core Controller
NI released the NI PXIe-8133 high-performance embedded controller, which features the quad-core Intel® Core™ i7-820QM processor. The NI PXIe-8133 is the first PXI Express quad-core controller in the industry.
The Intel Core i7-820QM processor offers a 1.73 GHz base clock frequency and uses Intel® Turbo Boost Technology to automatically increase the clock frequency based on the application type. This feature removes the requirement that software applications need to be multithreaded to use the latest CPU developments.
Other NI PXIe-8133 features include the following:
- Four x4 Gen 2 PCI Express links for interfacing to the PXI chassis backplane, which double the total system data throughput from 4 GBytes/s to 8 GBytes/s
- 2 GB of DDR3-1333 MHz RAM standard with 8 GB maximum
- Option of Windows XP, Windows 7 32-bit or Windows 7 64-bit operating systems
- Support for NI LabVIEW Real-Time and NI LabWindows™/CVI
- Option to purchase solid-state hard drives for added ruggedness
To learn more about PXIe-8133, visit www.ni.com/pxi.
National Instruments, www.ni.com
Back to the list
Design. Engineering. Value. Interest. Creativity. Encyclopedia.