NI Releases New Stand-Alone NI CompactDAQ System for High-Performance Embedded Measurements and Logging
National Instruments announced the new stand-alone NI CompactDAQ system, a high-performance embedded measurement and logging platform with a built-in dual-core Intel processor for running data acquisition, online analysis and logging software. With the NI CompactDAQ platform, engineers can customize a complete measurement system using LabVIEW or take advantage of over 600 companies in the NI Alliance Partner Network for a custom turnkey data-logging solution.
“We easily upgraded to the stand-alone NI CompactDAQ system with almost no changes to our LabVIEW code,” said Tim Carlier, president and founder of Integrated Test & Measurement. “With the new embedded data-logging platform, we can run our iTestSystem software and log synchronized sensor data directly to the device, eliminating the need for a separate PC and drastically reducing system costs and maintenance requirements.”
Stand-Alone NI CompactDAQ System Features
- Intel Core i7 dual-core processor, 2 GB RAM and 32 GB nonvolatile storage– Run high-performance, mixed-measurement tests while logging data directly to the system, removing the need for an external PC.
- Compatible with LabVIEW 2012 – Accelerate productivity with the latest version of LabVIEW, which provides sample projects and templates for high-speed acquisition and data logging, designed to save time and lower maintenance costs.
- 8-slot chassis with more than 50 C Series I/O module options – Mix and match a variety of I/O and sensor types, including AI, AO, DIO and CAN to create custom measurement and logging systems.
- USB, Ethernet and serial ports – Connect USB/Ethernet NI CompactDAQ devices, including the new NI cDAQ-9184 Ethernet chassis, to expand the number of module slots for large-channel-count applications or integrate other devices, such as a camera or GPS device.
- Stream data to disk at up to 30 MB/s – Simultaneously stream continuous measurements with sample rates up to 1 MS/s/ch.
Readers can learn more about the stand-alone NI CompactDAQ system at http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210718/.
National Instruments, www.ni.com
Back to the list
Design. Engineering. Value. Interest. Creativity. Encyclopedia.