Tektronix introduces PCI Express® 5.0 transceiver and reference clock solution
Tektronix, Inc., in collaboration with Anritsu, introduced a new PCI EXPRESS® 5.0 transceiver (Base and CEM) and reference clock solution, becoming the first company to offer early CEM fixtures for pre-compliance testing. The collaboration between Tektronix and Anritsu enables industry-leading receiver verification, complementing a world-class transmitter and reference clock test suite.
PCI EXPRESS continues to extend its industry leadership as the dominant high-speed serial computer bus by doubling bandwidth every three years and exceeding the target with the aggressive introduction of the 5.0 Base Specification (128 GB/s). This rapid development pace is expected to continue as PCI-SIG®, the standard-setting body for peripheral component I/O data transfers, announced the PCI EXPRESS 6.0 specification (256 GB/s) to be delivered in 2021 and include multi-level PAM4 signaling.
Key features include:
- PCI EXPRESS 5.0 (32 GT/s) automated Base & CEM transceiver solution running on DPO700000SX series 70 GHz real time oscilloscope and MP1900A Signal Quality Analyzer-R series (BERT) from Anritsu
- New Receiver automation software from Tektronix with highly efficient algorithms for stressed eye calibration at 32 GT/s & 16 GT/s
- State-of-the-art tool support including SigTest Phoenix with highly parallelized processing to reduce overall test time
- Multiple form factors (M.2 & U.2) and Clocking Architectures (CC, SRNS, SRIS)
- Follows real time evolution of the 5.0 Base specification with 32 GT/s uncorrelated jitter and pulse width jitter measurements implemented to optimize A/D range and minimize noise
- Addresses the increasing challenges of 100 MHz reference clock jitter and signal integrity measurements through full integration with the Silicon Labs "PCIe Clock Jitter" tool and Tektronix's DPOJET tool
- Industry first pre compliance test fixtures for PCIe 5.0 CEM testing
Back to the list