Keysight Technologies Works with MediaTek on Mobile Chipset Manufacturing Test Solution
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS) announced that it has worked with MediaTek on the release of a manufacturing test solution for the MediaTek MT6735 mobile chipset, based on the Keysight E6640 EXM wireless test set. The MT6735, released in October of 2014, is an LTE 64-bit mobile SoC platform with integrated modem, RF and CorePilot™ technology, for use by global operators targeted at the emerging mid-range smartphone market called, Super-mid. The MT6735 builds upon MediaTek's existing LTE platform by adding CDMA2000 to create WorldMode modem capability.
"Our customers are concerned about the complexity of testing multi-modes and multi-band wireless formats, especially during mass production," said Jeffrey Ju, senior vice president of MediaTek. "The Keysight E6640 EXM helps our customers to ramp up production smoothly, giving them shorter manufacture testing times and reduced cost."
The Keysight E6640 EXM wireless test set is a non-signaling wireless testing platform that supports multiple cellular and wireless connectivity standards. Recent EXM enhancements include 1) advanced sequencing of multiple WLAN formats within one test sequence to enable faster WLAN device production test; and 2) speed-optimized firmware to help manufacturers enhance wireless device test plan efficiency and increase production throughput. The addition of DECT, PHS and Zigbee support adds to the EXM's already long list of multi-format measurement capabilities.
The EXM key features:
- Up to four independent TRX modules supporting up to 16 connections without the use of external fixtures or switching
- Multi-format measurement application support including LTE/LTE-Advanced, HSPA+, W-CDMA, cdma2000®, GSM/EDGE/Evo, TD-SCDMA, PHS, DECT, WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n/j/p/ac, Bluetooth® BR/EDR/LE, GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Bei Dou, QZSS), Mobile WiMAX™, Zigbee, PHS and digital video
- Independent source and analyzer on each TRX
- Four RF ports configured as two full-duplex and two half-duplex ports or four full–duplex ports
- Support for up to 32 devices-under-test through customizable multi-port adapter (MPA) technology
- 160-MHz bandwidth, up to 6-GHz frequency range, best-in-class ±0.2 dB power-level accuracy at 3.8 GHz, and -43 dB receiver EVM noise floor for 802.11ac
"We are honored to work with MediaTek, a world leading mobile solution provider," stated Joe DePond, vice president and general manager of Keysight's Mobile Broadband Operation. "The EXM delivers a complete and scalable solution to meet customer needs today and in the future. We are committed to deliver most update test solution as standards continue to evolve."
The Keysight EXM wireless test set is designed to help companies solve today's problems and evolve to meet tomorrow's manufacturing test challenges. For more information, www.keysight.com/find/exm. High-resolution images are available at www.keysight.com/find/exm_images.
Back to the list