AKTAKOM ASE-1107 ESD-safe Temperature Controlled Soldering Station is especially suitable for mounting and reworking SMD components by hand, soldering common and directly-inserted electronics or lead-free soldering under other special conditions.
This soldering station is ESD-safe. This is an important requirement that should be met since the absence of antistatic protection may cause the damage of valuable electronic components with electro static discharge.
AKTAKOM ASE-1107 soldering station (analog of 967) is equipped with high-quality heating element that can be easily replaced. This heating element is covered with alumoceramic layer and inserted into ceramic housing. Such a reliable structure fully isolates the heating element from the environment effect and therefore protects the heating element from corrosion providing its high durability accordingly.
Multilayer (copper, steel and stannum) cover of the tip operating part has excellent thermal conduction and provides optimal high effective heat transmission. ASE-1107 soldering station is capable of assembling with 482-536°F / 250-280°C tip temperature completely guaranteeing the safety of printed conductors and electronic components.
- Ceramic heating element has a long service time. Soldering tips and heating element can be easily replaced.
- Light handle is suitable for long time of use.
- It is ESD-safe and can protect sensitive SMD components from the damage caused by static discharge.
- Precise and stable temperature control
- Lock screw prevents inadvertent changes of the temperature.
- Digital indicator ensures accurate temperature settings.
- It is especially suitable for mounting and reworking SMD components, lead-free soldering.
ASE-1107 is ESD-safe soldering station, which is implemented by a socket on the rear panel, that is connected to the ground through a resistor of 1 Mega ohm. This ground wire allows you to remove static electricity dangerous for SMD components
Output voltage: 24V AC - 50W
Temperature Range: 392-896°F / 200-480°C
- ±50°F / ±10°C of the set temperature
- ±33.8°F / ±1°C of tolerance at idling time
Dimensions: 4.7x3.7x5.5in / 120x93x140mm
Power Consumption: 24V AC - 50W
Tip to ground resistance: <2Ω
Tip to ground potential: <2mV
Heating element: Ceramic heater
Operation Instruction for ASE-1107 Soldering Station
A. Iron Holder.
1. Small Cleaning Sponge Dampen the small cleaning sponge with water and then squeeze it dry. Place it in one of the 4 openings of the iron holder base.
2. Add water to approximately the level as shown. The small sponge will absorb water to keep the larger sponge above it wet at all times.
Note: The large sponge may be used alone (without small sponge & water).
3. Dampen the large cleaning sponge and place it on the iron holder base.
1. Connect the cord assembly go the receptacle.
2. Place the soldering iron in the iron holder.
3. Plug the power cord into a power supply. Be sure to ground the unit.
4. Turn the power switch to on. The temperature is preset at 400°C at the Factory. The heater lamp flickers when the temperature has stabilized.
5. Press the * button to display the preset temperature. It will be displayed for two seconds.
C. Setting the Temperature.
1. Insert the card into the card slot in the station. The left-most digit (the 100’s digit) in the display will flash. This indicates that the station is in temperature setting mode and that the 100’s digit can be adjusted.
2. Select the desired value for 100’s digit. Using the «up» or «down» button will change displayed value as follows:
Press the * button when the desired value is displayed. This will cause the middle digit (the 10’s digit) in the display begin flashing.
3. Select the desired value for the 10’s digit. Using the UP or DOWN buttons will change the displayed value as shown below:
Press the * button. The right (the 1’s digit) will then begin flashing to indicate that the 1’s digit can be set.
4. Select the desired value for the 1’s digit. Using the UP or DOWN buttons will change the displayed value as shown above for the 10’s place selection. Press the *button. Here, pressing the * button:
a. enters the temperature setting into the internal memory.
b. displays the temperature setting.
c. starts heater control.
Note: If you turn off the power switch during the temperature setting, setting value will not store in the memory.
To change the temperature setting when the card is left in the station, refer to the followings.
1. Push the * button and hold it down for at least one second. First the present temperature setting will be displayed, and then the 100’s place digit will begin to flash. This flashing indicates that the temperature setting mode has been entered. After the flashing begins, proceed with the setting temperature.
2. If the * button is pressed for less than one second, the present temperature setting will be show for two seconds and then the display will return to showing the tip temperature.
1. After setting temperature, remove the card. The preset temperature cannot be changed until the card is reinserted, even if the power switch is turned off. This allows you:
a. to turn the power off and on without having to reset the temperature each time.
b. accurate and safe temperature control.
2. Any card can be used with any station.
3. Even of the card is left in the station, the soldering station will operate normally. If the power is turned off while the card is inserted, the soldering iron will heat to the preciously set temperature.
For greater convenience and soldering efficiency, two stations can be securely stacked.