Keysight Technologies, Inc. announced the MX0023A InfiniiMax RC, a new high speed differential probing solution for Double Data Rate 5 (DDR5) and Low Power Double Data Rate 5 (LPDDR5).
As data rates of mobile bus systems increase, the edge speed of the signal gets faster, thus requiring higher bandwidth probe solutions. At the same time, many systems deploy a continuously variable termination mechanism, switching the termination impedance between low and high impedance, to save power consumption in devices. This requires a higher speed probing solution with high input impedance profile over wider frequency range for low probe loading. This is common signal behavior in high-speed mobile communication technologies typically deployed in DDR/LPDDR.
Keysight's new MX0023A InfiniiMax RC probe provides high bandwidth and low loading, offering up to 25 GHz bandwidth and an RC input impedance profile for extremely low mid-band loading, which is necessary to address modern high-speed probing requirements. It also provides a wide variety of flexible connectivity solutions, covering today's emerging signaling standards such as DDR5/LPDDR5 and other high-speed signal debug and validation test needs.
Key benefits of the new probe:
- Delivers 25 GHz bandwidth with an RC input impedance topology for low mid-band probe loading.
- Enables today's emerging signaling standards including: LPDDR/DDR5, MIPI bus signaling and other high-speed signal debug and validation test needs.
- Offers probe amp specific S parameter correction filter enabling high accuracy measurements.
- Provides auto-switchable 1:1 and 4:1 attenuation ratio at full 25 GHz bandwidth.
- Support for Keysight's broad variety of probe heads and InfiniiMax I/II accessories.
- AutoProbe II interface for easy direct connection to Keysight's Infiniium Series Oscilloscopes.
More details are available here.