Keysight Technologies, Inc., a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers, and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world, announced that Ixia, a Keysight Business, has launched a new software solution for robust, centralized management of a wide range of wired, wireless, and/or virtual visibility solutions. The new Ixia Fabric Controller (IFC) Centralized Manager supports network packet brokers, taps, bypass switches, and cloud visibility solutions via a single graphical user interface (GUI).
Today's increasingly complex network infrastructure features on-premise, cloud and private data center devices faced with increasing traffic volumes and escalating security threats. According to Cisco, annual global IP traffic will reach 4.8 ZB per year by 2022, or 396 Exabytes (EB) per month. Network complexity and threat sophistication increases demand that NetOps and SecOps teams automate low-level tasks and network traffic visibility for threat detection, analysis and response, according to Gartner.2
"Serious gaps in device management can lead to performance issues, visibility blind spots and security vulnerabilities," stated Recep Ozdag, vice president of product management for Keysight's Ixia Solutions Group. "Professionals responsible for managing enterprise networks need a resource that can provide a comprehensive view of their monitoring devices at any time, despite location. Ixia's new IFC Centralized Manager delivers the centralized network platform needed to address those gaps, improve performance and reduce blind spots."
IFC Centralized Manager eases configuration and monitoring of taps, virtual taps, data monitoring switches, and network packet brokers, including third-party devices, through a single pane of glass. IFC Centralized Manager includes:
- a dynamic network topology map that shows the “up” or “down” status of supported devices and custom status providing visualization of monitoring resources for improved security, performance, capacity planning and compliance
- real-time data acquisition from auto-discovered devices that is archived and presented in rich graphical formats for snapshot viewing and historical trend analysis
- an enhanced high availability feature that supports primary and secondary units (in physical, virtual or combination) in sync with one floating IP address, allowing instant take-over when the master fails
- automated task execution across devices for comprehensive configuration and fault management to simplify script and policy execution and software upgrades
- security and user management features for role-based access, user authentication and external authentication based on global policies