Keysight Technologies, FormFactor, Industrial Technology Research Institute Collaborate to Deliver Silicon Photonics Test and Measurement Solution
Keysight Technologies, Inc., a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers, and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world, announced a collaboration with FormFactor and the Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) to accelerate integrated photonics innovation.
Silicon photonics enables the transfer of large amounts of data at high speeds using optical signals instead of electrical signals. The silicon photonics market is gaining momentum for data center, automotive, and other applications as it allows optical devices to be created cost effectively — reducing power and size — using silicon semiconductor fabrication techniques. The global silicon photonics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22.3% between 2017 and 2025, according to Inkwood Research.
The FormFactor CM300xi, combined with Keysight's Photonics Application Suite measurement software, provides automated alignment and simultaneous optical-optical and optical-electrical device tests. Key features of the integrated system include:
- Six-axis automated optical fiber positioning for precision alignment
- Two-stage solution for both coarse and fine alignment
- Optical alignment algorithms integrated with high-speed hardware control to shorten test times
- Customized scripting and test programs to optimize the system for fast, accurate measurements
- High speed, single sweep polarization-dependent-loss (PDL) test that enables high accuracy and repeatability testing without prior polarization alignment
Back to the list