TI introduces lowest latency, highest ESD industrial Gigabit Ethernet PHYs, enabling real-time Industry 4.0 applications
Texas Instruments (TI) introduced the industry's lowest latency and highest electrostatic discharge (ESD) industrial Gigabit Ethernet physical layers (PHYs). The new family of six devices enables engineers to bring real-time industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) capabilities to rugged factory automation systems, motor drives, and test and measurement equipment. The new DP83867 family meets stringent electromagnetic interference (EMI) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) standards, reduces power consumption, and offers designers flexibility with multiple temperature, media access control (MAC) interface and packaging options. For more information, visit www.ti.com/dp83867-pr.
Key features and benefits of the DP83867 industrial Gigabit Ethernet PHYs
- Industry's lowest latency: Latency is less than 400 nanoseconds (ns) at 1,000 Mbps and 100 Mbps – 50 percent better than the competition. This reduces controller cycle times, improving real-time performance of standard IEEE 802.3 Ethernet connections in industrial systems.
- Industry's highest ESD protection: ESD protection exceeds 8 kV to surpass IEC 61000-4-2 standards, which is four times better than the competition. High ESD protection reduces the failure rate of Industry 4.0 systems by shielding against high-voltage faults.
- EMI mitigation: The DP83867 exceeds stringent standards for EMI/EMC from International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), Comité International Spécial des Perturbations Radioélectriques (CISPR) and European Standards (EN). By exceeding the EN55011/CISPR11 Class B-level testing standards, the DP83867 gives designers more design headroom so that they can go to production faster.
- Power savings: Wake-on-local area network (LAN) (WoL) and power-down modes offer energy savings when the system is in a standby state. In addition, the DP83867 offers active power consumption of less than 460 mW, which is at least 30 percent lower than the competition.
- Scalability across the temperature range: The DP83867 family offers options that allow designers to design across the full temperature range from -40oC to 105oC. This enables designers to adapt one design for multiple temperature environments, from commercial to extended industrial temperatures.
Find more details on Texas Instruments web site.
Back to the list