NI Simplifies Measurement Systems With New CompactDAQ Controllers
NI (Nasdaq: NATI), the provider of platform-based systems that enable engineers and scientists to solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges, announced the new CompactDAQ 8-slot controller, which expands the CompactDAQ controller offering to meet high-channel count applications in rugged environments. By integrating the processor, signal conditioning and I/O into a single CompactDAQ system, engineers can reduce overall system cost and complexity while increasing measurement accuracy. Integrated measurement systems reduce the number of components, connections and wiring needed, which often introduce noise and additional costs, to ensure high-accuracy measurements and cost-optimized systems.
Both the 4-slot and 8-slot CompactDAQ controllers feature an Intel Atom dual-core processor that can run either Windows Embedded 7 or NI Linux Real-Time. By pairing industry-standard OS options with LabVIEW system design software, customers can easily port LabVIEW code from existing measurement systems to these new CompactDAQ controllers. They can combine LabVIEW and over 60 sensor-specific I/O modules for CompactDAQ to quickly customize data acquisition systems to meet their application needs.
“We’ve expanded the CompactDAQ family by adding an 8-slot controller to give customers another rugged and integrated solution,” said Stefanie Breyer, director of data acquisition R&D at NI. “The Intel Atom 3800 processor gives engineers powerful processing paired with high-accuracy measurements that can be used in a variety of applications from in-vehicle data logging to distributed measurements.”
Key features of CompactDAQ controllers:
- Integrated Intel Atom Dual-Core Processor: Reduce system complexity and take your measurement system anywhere by having an integrated processor built in.
- Removable SD Storage: Forget about data storage limits with hot-swappable, removable SD storage.
- Integrated CAN/LIN Port: Cut costs by taking advantage of the built-in CAN/LIN port.
- Choice of Four or Eight C Series Module Slots: Mix and match a variety of I/O types, including AI, AO and DIO to meet your specific application needs.
- Rugged Form Factor: Take measurements in high shock and vibration environments as well as temperatures ranging from -40 °C to 70 °C.
To learn more about CompactDAQ controllers, visit www.ni.com/compactdaq/controllers
Back to the list
Design. Engineering. Value. Interest. Creativity. Encyclopedia.