USB consists of the following elements:
- host controller (host) – main controller that is included into the system unit and controls the transmission of packets on the bus. There can be only one host on USB. PC system unit contains one or several hosts and each of them controls a separate USB.
- device connection and disconnection control;
- controlling data-flows organization between the USB-device and the host;
- data-flows organization between the USB-device and the host;
- device condition monitoring and statistics activity control;
- power supply of the connected devices.
Back to the list